Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Short in Refrigerator : Fire Hazard?

A little more info on where and what is shorting would help give some
advice, but I'd be worried about fire or electicution too!
As for being plugged into a GFI, generally it is recommended that you not
plug a refrig or freeze into a GFI. GFIs are pretty sensitive and may trip
under the draw these appliances place on them.

"Jeffy3" wrote in message
oups.com...
We've been told we have a short in our refrig and it still works but
while we await a new refrigerator my wife is worried that it is a fire
risk. Anyone have any thoughts? We have a 50 year old house and the
outlet it is plugged into is not a GFI.