Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Fernco/Mission couplers for copper to copper?

Dan Lanciani wrote:

I'm looking for a couple of 2"x2" copper pipe couplers, e.g.,
Mission K200 or Fernco 3003-22. None of the usual online supply
places seem to list them, and the number of Google hits for the
Fernco version is oddly tiny. (The big box stores of course don't
have those sizes and the local plumbing supply place has gone
trades-only.) For 1.5" copper I think everyone just uses the 1.25"
plastic/CI versions which are readily available. Is there a similar
trick I'm missing in some other series that is more available? Or
an online site with the real copper-coper versions--I like the
shielded ones better anyway.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

The Proflex coupling you cite is the only one
I would use for copper-to-copper. They work.

You probably need a wider net to find them on-shelf.
Dust off a big city phone book and call plumbing
supply houses. Or maybe ask at a neighborhood hardware store
(do they exist?) for a friendly supply house.

Jim