Posted to alt.home.repair
allan allan is offline

Default double-checking wiring for basement lighs

Remember that 600 watts is the max, when you pop off one of the ears
so it will fit in a dual box, you lower the capacity a lot . I had one
pop last year after five years that was near capacity, the
replacements lasted a few days - and I was under the max
On 27 Jan 2007 12:03:13 -0800, wrote:

Done lots of reading and think this is okay - but thought I'd post to
get others thoughts:

I'm finishing a room in the basement by putting in 18 recessed
potlights (large room). They are halogen bulbs and the lights are
rated for 50 watts each. This is okay on one circuit? (If I did my
watts/amps-math right...) Also, can I use a standard dimmer switch for
the halogen bulbs?

Thanks for the input.