Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
dave_ipswich dave_ipswich is offline

Default Help with steady rest on baluster

Makes sense to me - I'll give it a try
Dave

On Jan 28, 2:15 pm, "Rick Carusi" wrote:
With thw spindle at rest, it's hard to tell if you are deflecting the
stock, when setting the steadyrest. With part turning slow, I let the
peice just spin the roller, with a little friction from my fingers on the
roller.

"dave_ipswich" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Michael,

I can go down to 100 rpm - presumably there will be other issues then?

I'm pretty confident the tools are sharp.

I do have some cherry - would that be suitable?

To centre the steady I just bring up each roller to touch the wood at
rest - is there a better way?

Dave