Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Ideas for Federal Furniture????

On Jan 27, 9:52 pm, "Dave Jackson" wrote:
My WW is leading me toward period furniture and I'm more and more interested
in Federal style. I've plenty of books on Queen Anne, Duncan Phyfe, etc,
but am really looking for Federal stuff, more late 18th century to turn of
the 19th century. Especially anything by John and Thomas Seymour. Any
books, plans, pics, leads, etc. are appreciated. I'm googled out. Hardly
any books exist strictly for Federal furniture that I have found. I have
one pic of a Seymour sideboard from Glen Huey's "Fine Furniture for a
Lifetime" and I think it's one of the sharpest pieces I've seen in some
time. I plan on building it soon, but would like some inspiration for other
Federal pieces. I'll post a scan of the sideboard at APBW so everyone can
get the idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks, --dave

Dunbar.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)