Posted to alt.home.repair
bear bear is offline

Default well question - hydrofracture?

On Jan 28, 7:26 am, "jd" wrote:
Hi folks,
I've got a well for our water supply, and it is a bit slow (only produces
about 3 gal/minute). This is OK for normal use, but in the summer when I am
watering the garden, the draw is more than the well can provide.

I've spoken to a well company, and they have suggested hydro-fracturing the
well, but haven't told me what that really is..... Does anyone know?

thanks
--JD

As mentioned in other posts;
1) Deeper is nice but you need to do some investigating with
neighbors and local well drillers who know the area. (our sitation was
that deeper wells got into "nasty water")

2) A storage tank can work really well.

We just sold a place (after 27 years) that had only 1 1/2 gpm with a
1750 gal storage tank. We watered extensive landscaping and a modest
garden. (no lawn though) Did it with a multi stationed drip system
which worked well and the whole setup was a lot less expensive than a
new well.

Bear