Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Underground Sprinkler problem

On Jan 26, 7:00 pm, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
I've got an underground sprinkler that stays on all the time. It looks
like we have seven zones in the yard. We found a buried control box for
four zones, unfortunately not the one that controls the suspect
sprinkler. We've been all over the yard and can't find a second control
box. Any suggestions on how we can locate the second control box is
greatly appreciated. As you may surmise, we're not the original owner
of the home.
Thanks in advance.I got my degree in Applied Sprinkler Science when hubby was our condo's

building manager. We spent a lot of free time searching for missing
controllers. Start with the non-functioning sprinkler nearest the water
supply line and try tracing it back to the supply. Ours weren't very
deep, so we could dig down to the supply pipe, then follow by line of
sight a few feet, dig again ...

There are instruments for locating them, and a contractor might be able
to do it with ease.

I'd just call a lawn irrigation company. They have the equipment to
trace the wire runs to the control box. In this case, it's probably
worth the service call to save a lot of wasted time.