Posted to alt.home.repair
Layperson Tom Layperson Tom is offline

Default Re-Using Caulking Tubes

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:44:48 -0500, (spaceman)
wrote:

As Well As Construction Adhesives, Etc...

Forget About Taping The End Or Using Any Tip That Might Come With The
Tube, Also Don't Use A Nail In The End Trick Either, Using ANY Of These
Methods Are Almost SURE To Result In A Clogged Caulking Tube Tip....

..Instead, After You Are Done, Squirt Out A Blob Of Caulking/Glue &
Cover The TIP Of The Tube With This Blob & Let Dry. Next Time You Want
To Use The Tube, Just Pull Off The Hardened Blob On The Tip & You Can
Re-Use The Tube Like You Hoped To. -ßøþ

imho:

For me that glob always managed to rub up against myself, tools, wall,
or my clothing. So for a buck I picked up two caulk nozzle caps. They
work very well. As for construction adheasive, I clean off any eposed
glue and put in a large nail. Any exposed glue, even that glob
manages to harden and become very permenant.

Now if I don't plan to reuse the tube soon, I then evaluate chucking
it.

tom @
www.YourMoneySavingTips.com