Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Muriatic Acid Before Tiling?

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 02:44:59 GMT, Norminn wrote:

Greg Esres wrote:
Norminn wrote:

Is it bare concrete? In living area?

Underneath the carpet, yes.

Does your book recommend muriatic acid on the concrete for all
installations, or only for special conditions? What concentration?
I have used muriatic once, on concrete, outdoors, per label, in
preparation for sealing a deck. It is NOT something I would even
consider using inside my home.

That was my take on it. But I tested a few square feet on
basement floor. Not for me, and I got no wife, no kids.

Much less dangerous outdoors (if you stay down-wind).

Do they still tile etc basement floors in new houses?
Do they first treat with acid? My guess is "Not".

Sounds like the OP needs an experienced flooring
guy for a consult. Match the right adhesive with
his floor. I just went out and bought name-brand
adhesive years ago and regretted it.

Good Luck,
Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell