Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default That'll be 69 dollars

"Phisherman" wrote

Check Engine lights should not be ignored.

I just bought a Dodge pickup for $38,500. The check engine light came on at
7,500 miles. I checked the manual, and the manual says that the lights
don't always mean that something is very wrong, or that you cannot continue
to drive the car. In my case, it was a reminder to change the original oil,
and the cars are programmed that way. I did learn how to reset the light,
though. And if you reset the lights, and you have a problem other than just
a reminder light, the light will continue to come on, indicting you need to
take it in and get it read.

I'll be getting a reader and saving money. Plus, I have a mechanic that I
trust, so he checks it for free, and fixes just what is wrong.

Steve