Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-seating a tap

ClassA wrote:
I have a tap that is dripping and I have looked at it and seen that
the seat needs to be dressed. I have a tap re-seating tool, and when
I used it in the past I ended up calling a plumber. He dressed the
seat but after a couple of years it needs to be done again. The
re-seating tool that I have is cheap and nasty (like this
http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=69230 - the cutters
have saw-tooth cutting edges like a router), and I am tempted to get a
better one, but when I remember the problems I had before I am not
sure that a better one will overcome them. My problems we-

The Toolstation one is complete pants. I binned mine. Buy the Monument one
from Screwfix.
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...=tap+reseating

Different class of tool.

--