Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,uk.telecom.mobile
Roger Matthews Roger Matthews is offline

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhours a DAY!

"OG" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

Gaz

Many gullible people remember this crap. My TV only uses 0.8 of a watt on
standby (not that I leave it on standby often).

What make and model is that? Is the 0.8W figure your own measured value,
or a manufacturer figure?

I don't know about his TV but Sony say that my LCD 23" uses 0.7W on
standby - that seems very low and makes you inclined to question all of the
figures being bandied around by the Government!

Roger