Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default From OP: Lubricate Faces With ? Plumbing Union/Coupling Question

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Thanks for all the information, and time to help me out.
Appreciate it.

Just one quick follow-up, please:

What type of Grease, or other lubricant, should the mating faces be
lightly coated
with prior to assembly ? Any reasons not to (water usage) ?

Thanks,
Bob

I would use Rectorseal pipe dope it's just acting more like a lubricant .
Were ever the metal rubes or threads you want to coat. If you get to much on
it's just to wipe off after assembly. I don't know what the line is hooking
to but before you install a valve or whatever run some water threw the line
to get any debris out.