Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,uk.telecom.mobile
John John is offline

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhours a DAY!

"Gaz" wrote in message
Jonathan wrote:
Have a look - how can they get it so wrong by a magnitude of.....???

My chargers both say they use about 21mA max.

Also, point 3 seems a little dubious too - AFAIK, the only things that
use
any significant power on standby are digiboxes.
Surely the rest just take enough to keep the coil energised? My TV and
video
both use 4 watts on standby.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ic_charger.jpg

Its part of the 'good lie' which has become more common as of late. It
doesnt matter if the information they tell you is misleading, or just
plain incorrect, if it is in a good cause (as judged by them) then it is
ok.

Gaz

Many gullible people remember this crap. My TV only uses 0.8 of a watt on
standby (not that I leave it on standby often). I am getting fed up of the
greenies making everyone feel guilty about everything - there are bigger
issues - like the pollution made in China by their dirty power stations and
processes (producing goods for us that are then shipped half way around the
world); destruction of rainforests, etc.

People are only too happy to point their finger and tut everytime a
politician of member of royal family use a car or aeroplane - but miss
issues that are statistically more significant.