Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Southern Electric say each mobile phone charger uses 100kWhours a DAY!

On 28 Jan, 12:49, John Rumm wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Have a look - how can they get it so wrong by a magnitude of.....???

My chargers both say they use about 21mA max.

Also, point 3 seems a little dubious too - AFAIK, the only things that use
any significant power on standby are digiboxes.
Surely the rest just take enough to keep the coil energised? My TV and video
both use 4 watts on standby.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...thern_electric...

The whole lot is dubious at best. Down right misleading would be closer
to the point.

Always a problem when you have non technocal maketing droids write
greenwash. Even if you ignore the 4kW phone charger, the advice to
landfill a working freezer on the *assumption* is is drastically less
efficent than your current one risky at best, and that is before you
look at the life cycle energy of disposing of the old one and producing
and supplying a new one.

They must have looked awful hard to find an appliance that eats 85%
rated load on standby.

100kWh/day is more like a questionable erstimate of the entire
country's use, complete oblocks

Anyone still conscious knows they cna save money by turning down the
heat, and know why they dont do it.

The bit about freezers will normally be true of early 70s units and
faulty appliances, but just silly to suggest it applies to them all.

NT