Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tspage@gmail.com is offline

Default Leak under boiler - please help!

hi.

What I meant by opening the tap was the actual 'Water inlet valve'.
When I read the instructions in the manaul, it said to increase the
water inlet slightly and the turnoff/on the boiler to reset it.

I have just had another look at the boiler and drained the valve at
the bottom that was initially leaking this morning. I have managed to
drain the pressure back down to 1.0, but again, when i open/close the
water inlet valve it doesnt seem to have any effect on the pressure
gauge! Any ideas?

thanks for your help.

(it's an Ariston micro Genus HE if that help at all?)

On 28 Jan, 10:40, Grunff wrote:
wrote:
Hi folks.

Im new to this group. I know nothing about boilers or plumming (recent
home owner) and have had a search through this group already to see if
the topic has been covered - some of the jargon has thrown me a bit!
I'd be very grateful for any advice!

Yesterday I noticed my boiler had an error code on the display telling
me to increase the water inlet (the pressure had dropped below 1.0). i
opened the tap a bit more and went on my merry way.Do you mean you opened the filling loop valve and left it open? Could

you define "the tap" and "a bit more"? Photos are always good.

When I woke up
this morning, there was water dripping out of a small valve (some kind
of pressure release valve?) at the bottom of the boiler and I noticed
the pressure guage was fluctuating betweem 3.0 and 4.0, im guessing
that's not good.Your guess is correct.

--
Grunff