Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default "Great Stuff" Ripoff

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Went to Lowes today today to buy a couple of cans of foam to fix some
drafts. When I got home, I noticed that the 2 new cans were smaller than
the one can I had laying around. The old one was 16oz, the new are 12oz.

If they need to raise the price 33%, fine. Oil prices are up. I
understand. But at least be up front about it. This seems a little
"tricky" to me.

Similarly, I've been buying my personal checking account checks from
"Checks In The Mail" for at least 15 years. There were always five books
of checks per box, with 40 checks in ech book.

The last order I got had five books per box but with only 30 checks per
book.

I called up and bitched about there being no notice given that the
number of checks per box had decreased by 25% since my previous order.
The customer service guy gave me a $10.00 refund on the two boxes I'd
bought. A check for $10 from them arrived "in the mail" about a week later.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)