Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Working on ceiling in stairwell

What's the typical method for working on the ceiling of a stairwell? The
only reason why I ask is that even with an 8 foot ladder, it's simply not
possible to reach the ceiling safely, especially when the staircase
effectively lowers the floor by 6 feet and turns that 8 foot ceiling into a
14 foot ceiling.

I'm thinking the easiest solution would be to build an L shaped platform to
lay on the stairs but wasn't sure if there's a simpler solution that doesn't
involve creaky underdesigned platforms that give way right as I climb up on
the ladder I set down on the platform.