Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Dresser Construction Advice

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:25:24 -0700, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

Hiya,
I'm about to embark on building a dresser. I'd like to emulate this one:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...r&cm%5Fsrc=sch

Basically for those that don't go to the site to see it, it's a dresser with
multiple drawers and appears to have 4 square legs that run from the floor
to the underside of the top. Additionally, the sides and front are set back
slightly from the faces of the legs. Typical chest of drawers construction
would say to build a box, attach webs on the inside for the drawers, and
then put a base/feet on. What's throwing me a bit is the full length legs.
I'm thinking of two methods to incorporate them. Either a) mortise into the
legs for the front of the webs, build the sides as panels with rails
mortised into the legs adding a spacer to the back of the sides to hold the
webs or b) build as a traditional box with webs and then notch the legs to
set the box into.

Notch the webs to fit around the legs.

-Leuf