Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Dresser Construction Advice

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

"Toller" wrote in message

I am not exactly sure what a web is, but I have built a number of items
like this. I make side panels with two legs, and then put attach the
drawer "shelves" (your "webs"?) and top to the side panels with pocket
screws, biscuits, or dowels.
Unless I am missing something, you are making too much out of this.

Thanks. Yes, webs basically are what tie into the front horizontal
dividers and extend to the back and hold the drawers. I'm planning on
putting dust guards in them as well (prolly just 1/4 ply). I'm not
planning to use pocket screws, biscuits, or dowels on this although dowels
may be an option if necessary. I much prefer to do a M&T for strength.
Typically dovetails are used to mount the front dividers to the front/back
with the webs set in a shallow dado along the sides but with the legs
standing slightly proud, that could be messy (or is it?). Thanks for the
inputs.
cc

You could certainly use blind dados, but biscuits or pocket screws would be
much easier and perfectly adequate.

Naturally you could use m/t; I just see they are worth the extra work,
especially if they are blind as they presumably would be here.

At least I would do it all blind; seeing the tenons or dados would just be
out of place.