Posted to rec.woodworking
Stoutman Stoutman is offline

Default Dresser Construction Advice

Basically for those that don't go to the site to see it, it's a dresser
with
multiple drawers and appears to have 4 square legs that run from the floor
to the underside of the top. Additionally, the sides and front are set
back slightly from the faces of the legs. Typical chest of drawers
construction would say to build a box, attach webs on the inside for the
drawers, and then put a base/feet on. What's throwing me a bit is the
full length legs. I'm thinking of two methods to incorporate them. Either
a) mortise into the legs for the front of the webs, build the sides as
panels with rails mortised into the legs adding a spacer to the back of
the sides to hold the webs or b) build as a traditional box with webs and
then notch the legs to set the box into. I suspect (a) is the best
choice for strength but I'm wondering if others have a better idea? I
hope this makes sense....it's difficult to describe via words sometimes!
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,
cc

I made one that is slightly similar in design. I also used "full length
legs" and a frame and panel sides (plywood). I used mortise and tenon
construction to make the frame of the dresser, by mortising into the legs as
you mentioned. I also used drawer slides to attach drawers. Maybe mine
can guide you a little, maybe not.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser.htm
--
Stoutman