Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Best way to join (extend) a Cat5e cable?

On 27 Jan 2007 13:08:55 -0800, "Mathew Newton"
wrote:

|P.S. Bugger - there is also a telephone and TV aerial outlet too -
|perhaps I ought to move them whilst I'm at it. Telephone will be no
|problem (solder) but what about TV?

TV is simple use F connectors
http://www.satcure.com/accs/page7.htm
two RG6FPLUG and one Threaded "F" barrel.

Commonly available from many outlets.

Avoid BNC (TV) connectors ( COLC - female barrel connector (to join two
male TV plugs) they are more lossy.