Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Door chime question

Steve B wrote:
I have an electric door chime that plays songs.

I recently changed the outside bar you push. The new bar did not have a
resistor (I think that was what it is) across the two screws.

I pushed the bar, and the chime would only play as long as you held in the
bar. I put the resistor on the new bar from the old one, same thing.

Anyone know what I can do to get this to play the whole song with one single
push of the bar?

About the only thing I didn't do is reverse the resistor (?) and try that.
But would that make a difference?

The chime plays fine, and will play the whole tune, but you just have to
stand there and hold it, or it only plays the first note or two depending on
how long the person holds the button down for.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hi,
Are you sure it is a resistor? It could be a TD relay of sort.