Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default double-checking wiring for basement lighs

wrote:
Done lots of reading and think this is okay - but thought I'd post to
get others thoughts:

I'm finishing a room in the basement by putting in 18 recessed
potlights (large room). They are halogen bulbs and the lights are
rated for 50 watts each. This is okay on one circuit? (If I did my
watts/amps-math right...) Also, can I use a standard dimmer switch for
the halogen bulbs?

Thanks for the input.

Ill add something that I don't thing has been noted. Halogen lamps rely or
a process in the lamp to maintain their brightness and life. If you dim
them more than about 30% it will actually reduce their life.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit