Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart Wes Stewart is offline

Default Lining a Speaker Cabinet

On Jan 27, 11:25 am, Joe Bleau wrote:
On 26 Jan 2007 21:05:22 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

On Jan 25, 1:39 pm, "# Fred #" wrote:
Wharfdales put sand in their speakers.

But as any serious audiophile will tell you, Sumatra beach sand has
better clarity in the upper mid-range than Punta Cana beach sand. I
prefer the Zandvoort beach sand (sifted of course).Gosh. I never realized that I was in the company of such

distinguished audiophiles. Tell me, to what grit should one sift
that Zandvoort beach sand. It seems to me that if one wants seamless
slides between midrange and upper midrange it should be sifted to at
least 180 DIN. Do you agree?

This discussion is getting ridiculous.

Unless you're using audiophile approved, bi-amp connected, 000 AWG
oxygen-free battery cables to connect these speakers to a 10,000 watt
amplifier, that in turn has an oxygen-free copper power cord connected
to a $100 AC receptacle, any discussion of the enclosures is moot, so
to speak.

Furthermore, if the residence in question has aluminum wire in the
power feed to the building, any audiophile worth his salt is going to
hear the distortion caused by the aluminum to copper interconnect in
the service panel. Forget the damping in the speakers for now and
break out the backhoe