Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default "Great Stuff" Ripoff

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Went to Lowes today today to buy a couple of cans of foam to fix some
drafts. When I got home, I noticed that the 2 new cans were smaller than
the one can I had laying around. The old one was 16oz, the new are 12oz.

If they need to raise the price 33%, fine. Oil prices are up. I
understand. But at least be up front about it. This seems a little
"tricky" to me.

Funny how small a "pound" of coffee is these days, too.

What's the dang difference? I'll pay what they want for a pound of coffee.
Now with all these different prices and weights makes it almost impossible
to understand unless they have the tags that say 45.6 cents per ounce, etc.
Other than that, you need to be a mathematician or take a calculator with
you to find out which costs what per unit of weight.

And what's up with the 750 ml size of liquor bottles?

Steve