Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 12v bulb ID needed

On Jan 27, 10:55 am, "rb" wrote:
A guy looked at a 12v bulb socket in one of my tools and told me I need a
generic 1056 bulb.

I've searched all over with Google, Froogle, Ebay, Radio Shack, JC Whitney,
etc, and can't find anything on a 1056 bulb. He talked like they're
common.

Anyone know where I find one? My socket looks a bit worn, so I'd like to
get a new socket too.

I think the others have hit on the answer--your "guy" tried to impress
and misspoke the actual number. Just take the bulb with you to your
nearest auto parts store and they'll match it.

Most will have the number stamped on the base altho I've noted some of
the really cheap Chinese stuff recently has only a screened number on
the glass which can disappear w/ time...