Posted to alt.home.repair
Layperson Tom Layperson Tom is offline

Default Dimmer switch(s) - just curious

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:38:53 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

I installed sixteen dimmer switches around the house, for various purposes.
Don't have any problems at all, but am curious.

When a dimmer switch is turned down so the light is not as bright, does this
save electricity or does the dimmer switch disperse the voltage drop in
heat?

Thanks for the info. Bob

I put in newer electronic dimmers, and part of their advertisement,
was they reduce electricity, and extend bulb life. I don't
remembering it be 1 for 1 relationship. Example, 50% setting saved
40% and extended bulbs life like 25%.

Just what I remember...

tom @ www.FreeCreditCheckGuide.com