Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Electric Motor Problem

wrote:

On Jan 27, 8:37 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Gerald Newton" wrote in messagenews:B_WdnVNYidbYaCfYnZ2dnUVZ_vvinZ2d@gigan ews.com...

wrote in message

I noticed that our central vac didn't sound right today. Mike
--

.

22 years old? Buy a new vacuum cleaner.It's a central vac, not a $69 special. No reason not to fix it.

Well, maybe there is a reason to replace it. He already spent time
and money having the motor rebuilt less than a year ago. I guess I'd
first take it back to whoever rebuilt the motor and ask them what's
wrong. If I didn't get a convincing explanation, or it was going to
cost much more to fix again, I'd be looking at a new one.

"One?" If that means a new re-builder, I guess I'd agree.

You can
get one for $250+