Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Electric company blocks my sewer line

mm wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:16:00 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Damage was minimal on my part. Bathroom mat damaged and some cleanup, some
lawn work to be done in the spring. I'll be putting in a claim with the
power company for that. The pole was put in for a new house built across
the street, and it went in almost three months ago. Given the time lapse, I
did not make any connection. Never thought the electric company would screw
up the plumbing. I'm also glad they are paying the tab as I imagine it will
be very pricey.

Very interesting story. Wait until the water company screws up your
electricity!

We had a similar problem, although not due to digging. Main sewer line
for our condo plugged up - obvious in our unit first, as we are ground
floor nearest the main sewer. Called the city first - Sunday evening -
"Nope. No problems here." Called plumber, rooted out to the main sewer
line, $600. About a week later, the city was digging at precisely the
spot our line joins the city's main, across the street from us. I knew
the city had major problems downline from us, so it seemed logical it
wasn't in our part of the line.