Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default extractor fans

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:51:30 GMT someone who may be
wrote this:-

I'm a bit confused because I though centrifugal fans were better than
axial ones.

"Better" is a word which when used prompts the question, "better at
what?".

Axial fans are cheaper and generally work fine with short ducts with
few bends. Centrifugal fans are more expensive, but work with longer
ducts with bends because they develop higher pressures. Which is
better? It depends on what you want to do.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh