Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Muriatic Acid Before Tiling?

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
ups.com...
What's the issue with rinsing? Concrete is very alkaline and will
neutralize any HCl residue if you scrub it in and then sponge it up.

I'm not sure exactly....the directions are a bit vague about the
penalties for not rinsing. Perhaps it is remnants of the chemical
reaction that need to be cleaned out, rather than the chemical itself.
I do have this mental images of it eating through my foundation,
though. ;-)

the acid wash
leaves a chalky residue when it dries if your painting over concrete
you need to remove this residue so the paint will bond to the concrete.
(I am assuming your going to paint)