Posted to alt.home.repair
Carnival Midway Hawker Carnival Midway Hawker is offline

Default How to lube' garage doors

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:59:21 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I wouldn't beat on the springs. If you break one, you sure don't want to be
near it!

I install overhead doors for a living. It is safe, otherwise I
wouldn't have posted it. If it does break, it will just spin around
the torque tube. However, safety glasses would be advised since there
will be potential for rust and small particulate in the air.

Let me clarify what I meant by "beat", don't hit it so hard like
you're pretending it's your worst enemy. Just give it enough to break
up any windings that have rusted together and get any "bunches" out
that may have developed.