Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default CTC169 36" dead

im going to scope it and be sure. good point. ;-)

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
Got this set, it would turn on and fire HV for a second, then shut back
down. it wont do it anymore, only did it one time.

I monitored C4118 while pressing the button, it would start off at 13.1
volts, and drop down to about 5 volts. when power button was pressed.

I then replaced CR4118, and replaced 2 caps in the IC chip of the power
supply. the main B+ at standby levels is about 143vdc. the 15v standby is
about 13.3 still.

but this time, when you press the power button, OR perform the manual
power-on, bypassing the micro unit, the voltage doesnt drop anymore, but
the set still is dead. HOT is fine, chopper is running. I dont know what
to look for next.

however if i hold the board in manual power on, every once in awhile the
degauss relay would start clicking on and off a little bit, very faintly,
like a weak supply somewhere.

any ideas?

Hi...

Take a look at the 15v supply, if there's a fair bit of ac ripple there,
go ahead and change c4145.

Take care.

Ken