Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Fixing flaky buttons

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 26, 11:42 am, Hamad bin Turki al Salami
wrote:
StellarTech wrote:
Just wondering-what happened to the original poster?Probably just
lurking until this thread settles down.

The next thing I need to deal with is a $1200 piece of
equipment with a few flaky buttons sitting in my workshop
right now. No need to rush. I want to be sure it will
still be a $1200 piece of equipment after I'm done with
it.

if you use proper switch cleaner spray from an electronics dealer, and
use it sparingly and in the right places, there's no reason why it
should cease to be.

-B.

This is quite a bold assumption. It could be that the switch is defective
and cleaning will do nothing. We see this frequently. We try to clean them
and they may improve or not. Some just need to be replaced.

Leonard

It has removed 22810 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!