Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass Vass is offline

Default Shower isolator switch hot

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
You really want to avoid joining
this cable if possible, as that just introduces further points
where it might overheat. Make sure the copper conductors are
bright and shiney before you insert them into the terminals,
and do the screws up tight. It would be a good idea to check
the state of all the other connections on that circuit too,
including retightening the screws, and to recheck the tightness
of the new connections after a month or so.

thanks Andrew - there is a join in the garage (choc block) as I bought too
short a langth of cable, I will go buy a better switch and new cable this
morning and do the job properly
thanks again
--
Vass