Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default fuel oil tank

On Jan 26, 12:40 pm, mm wrote:
On 26 Jan 2007 08:50:06 -0800, "terri" wrote:

My husband did this. I
couldn't say for sure
how he did it, but the line goes from tank to a capped off pipe to pour
the fuel oil in.
This was done with pvc pipe and it is about 7' from the ground up,The opening of the pipe is 7 feet above the ground? What am I

missing?

attached to the
outside of the garage. It makes sense to me to have it high for the
fuel to travel at least
10 feet to the tank.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

The same thing I am apparently. What no-one has mentioned in this
thread is the obvious.

_The filler opening at the truck end has to be higher than the tank_.
Assuming the delivery truck is sitting on the same level as the tank
and the tank will be at least 5 ft high, then a reasonable slope to the
pipe will put it at around 7ft over 20 or 30 ft run.

Definitely a case of talking to the company and getting their
recommendations.

Oddly, I moved my tank about 25 years years, asked them then, "PVC is
fine". Used it and haven't had any problems (yet).

Harry K