Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Amana washer tub seal repair

On Jan 26, 1:58 pm, "Casual Observer"
wrote:
I'm thinking that, at $300 (parts and labor), this is a senseless repair on
a $400 washing machine. And I'm thinking that, based on the replacement
instructions I've seen athttp://www.applianceaid.com/356p3.html, this isn't
something that I want to tackle on my own - it's two hours of labor for an
experienced repair technician that knows all the tricks.

Anything I'm missing?

What a piece of crap this Amana washer has turned out to be.

See if you can find a used Maytag on Craigslist.org.......if you live
in / near a decently sized metro area you'll be able to find someone
who's moving (or whatever) & wants to get rid of one cheap

or check w/ a local repair guy, they often have used / repaired ones
cheap

or if all else fails, buy a new Maytag

cheers
Bob