Doug Arthurs

Default Inches or millimetres ?

"Dean" wrote in message

Just curious. How many of you work in inches still ?
Dean.

Well here in Canada we are suppose to be using the Metric system. I'm 39
years old and halfway through school started learning metric. Now it
seems like I'm a mixture of the two systems. Linear measurement I use
imperial but when I think driving speed and distance I mentally think in
metric. Like if I'm going to Windsor from my house Its slightly more
than 100 kms and since I'll be driving 110-120 kms/hour Its easy to
figure the trip will take an hour. But when I think about temperature I
use farenheit. Celcius seems like to small a scale. A 1 or 2 degree
change in farenheit is no big deal but in celcius the difference is
quite large.

Of course industrial here doesn't seem to quick to change. Our company
is running a specail right now on metric/imperial tape measures and
sales is slow cause one side of the tpae is useless to use cause it got
all though weird metric markings on it. Seems like it'll take years and
years and years to change over.