Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Underground Sprinkler problem

wrote:
I've got an underground sprinkler that stays on all the time. It looks
like we have seven zones in the yard. We found a buried control box for
four zones, unfortunately not the one that controls the suspect
sprinkler. We've been all over the yard and can't find a second control
box. Any suggestions on how we can locate the second control box is
greatly appreciated. As you may surmise, we're not the original owner
of the home.
Thanks in advance.

As others said a signal tracer may be the easiest way.

One clue would be if all the wires go through the first box. Normally
they run all the control wires to the first box and then continue on to
the second one. And of course the location of the heads might give you
some clue.

Other alternative is to dig at each head and see what direction the pipe
comes from. That gets tricky too as the pipe from the valve often goes
down the center between the heads and then branches off to each head.