Posted to alt.home.repair
terri terri is offline

Default fuel oil tank

you know what? you're right. Why the hell don't I just ask him? I will
try not to be rude however. Just thought I would ask for a little help.

On Jan 26, 1:26 pm, "Pop`" wrote:
terri wrote:
Help!!! We have our heating oil fuel tank located in the back of our
garage. For the last
several years, our fuel oil company has filled it with no problem.
Last year, the delivery
driver left a note on his delivery card that he would not fill the
tank until we ran a line
from the tank to the outside of the house. My husband did this. I
couldn't say for sure
how he did it, but the line goes from tank to a capped off pipe to
pour the fuel oil in.
This was done with pvc pipe and it is about 7' from the ground up,
attached to the
outside of the garage. It makes sense to me to have it high for the
fuel to travel at least
10 feet to the tank. After numerous calls to our fuel oil company,
they finally came
and filled the tank yesterday. NOW the delivery driver says AGAIN that
they will not
deliver until we lower the fill pipe and replace it with iron pipe. Is
it necessary to use iron
pipe and if we lower the pipe, won't that restrict the flow of fuel
being poured in? I don't
mean to sound ignorant, I just want to do what is right and get this
straightened out
once and for all. Any information you can provide would be most
appreciated.
Thank you
TerriWhy the hell don't you ASK him?

Pop`