Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Is this computer problem fixable ?

On 26 Jan 2007 10:08:49 -0800, "moonlite" wrote:

Thank you ! Well, the mouse and keyboard are not USB - just regular
round green and purple plugs. From your responses it seems to me that
even though the problem started with a USB port, it is possible that a
fuse blew and disrupted power which is common to both USB ports and
mouse and keyboard. Is this a fair analysis ?

You could buy a USB ad in card and either a USB keyboard and mouse, or
a USB to PS/2 adapter.

You're right that there's probably a blown fuse that supplies 5v to
the USB and PS/2 ports. I don't recommend trying to replace the fuse
unless you are comfortable with soldering surface mount components.
Andy Cuffe