Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Advice needed on prices for used equipment at an auction

On Jan 23, 1:31 pm, Andrew Hartung wrote:
An auction I am going to tomorrow night has several good items. Can I get
your advice on the maximum I should bid on them? They look to be in good
condition as most of the stuff this guy had seems well taken care of, even
the hand tools.

Craftsman Commercial drill press model 113.24611 8.8 amp.
A monster, as tall as me.

Delta 1.5 hp 15 amp model 10 table saw.
cast iron, but with stamped steel extension wings.

Jet JJ-6CS 6" .75 hp jointer
Solid base, I really need a jointer.

Thanks!

See if they will let you plug them in and turn them on before bidding.
Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't..
If you can't even be assured they will turn on, the price I'm willing
to pay goes way down.