Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Pain furnace, er I mean Payne

In article ,
says...
On 24 Jan 2007 21:09:17 -0800,
wrote:

This ol' furnace has been acting up for a month or so. It's a Payne,
but I can not find the model number, nor do I know how old it is. The
red light is doing a 3/4 blink sequence and everything works up to the
burner staying on. The fan ends up blowing coolish air for a minute or
so, then the whole thing starts over again and eventually after several
attempts the burner stays on and warm air gets blown. Tonight this went
on for over an hour without any heat being made, so I shut it all down.
Any ideas? Should I try restarting it? There is no gas odor, but is
there still a risk? I have plenty of warm woolies to put on, but their
kinda scratchy and company is due Saturday. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks, Kayle

Don't know anything specific about 3/4 blinking but if the burner
lights but won't stay on then most likely the furnace is not sensing
the flame.

That, or there's no draft. Could be the draft sensor is bad, or perhaps
the flue is obstructed. First thing I'd do is inspect the flue.