Posted to sci.electronics.repair
moonlite moonlite is offline

Default Is this computer problem fixable ?

I have a computer that was custom built at a computer show a few years
ago and it worked very nicely until lately. My son mistakenly tried
inserting the speaker plug into one of the USB ports on the back.
Suddenly I lost functionality in both keyboard and mouse, so I am
unable to communicate with the computer. The lights on the keyboard do
not light up when I turn the computer on. I replaced keyboard and mouse
without success. The computer still turns on normally and I hate to
just throw it if this problem can be solved. I'm running Windows XP.
Any computer geniuses out there ? Thank you for any help or tips you
can give !