Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Paul is offline

Default 94 Trans Am CD skips easily

I have a 94 TA with 25K mi, never smoked in, with the original factory CD
radio with the 7 band EQ. Being a 25th anniversary special edition, I want
to keep it all original. The radio and CD both play fine, except that the
CD skips whenever I hit a bump. I pulled the radio, pulled the CD module
out of it, and took it apart. I cleaned the lens and inspected the
mechanicals. Everything looks fine. I noticed when the control card was
out that there are no electrical adjustments on it at all. There is one
small pot on the sled (laser power?). Any ideas on what would make it skip
so easily?

Paul