Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayor Mayor is offline

Default whirlpool washer

I have a whirlpool washer LSR9434pq0 it fills normally and
agitates/washes OK. Then when you
think it is spinning it is really not. It is making a running noise but
not spinning. If you lift the lid
the clothes are very wet, like maybe it pumped out. When you close the
lid it will spin out properly
and then go into the rinse cycle. After the rinse cycle it does the
same thing, the clothes are sitting in the machine very wet. If you
lift the lid and close it , the machine starts again and will spin
forever. I have to manually push the timer in to shut it off. Very
seldom, one out of ten times
will it shut off my itself.
I'm thinking of replacing the timer. My wife had a serviceman come and
he replaced the lid switch
for $130.00. Why would opening and closing the lid cause it to work?
Thanks.