Posted to alt.home.repair
TKM TKM is offline

Default Setting blower speed

wrote in message
oups.com...
Following up on my register temperature issue yesterday.

A couple of people have suggested to look at blower speed. Mine is set
to, "Don't stand near the cold air ducts, you'll get sucked in!" That
is, the fan seems to be running at high speed when the furnace is
running.

I can find no fan speed control, either on the unit itself or at the
thermostat. The only fan controls are at the thermostat and those
consist of two selections, AUTO and ON.

I realize that the fan controls may be in different places for
different units, and I apologize for not being able to provide an exact
model number, but what would be the telltale signs of a fan speed
control? What would one look like? As I said, there is nothing either
on or in the unit that is so obvious as to say "Fan Speed Lo Hi Off."
There's a gas valve behind the access panel. That's it.

If there's no electrical way to change the blower speed, it can be done by
changing belt and pulley sizes (assuming a belt drive arrangement). That's
usually a job for a furnace technician, however.

TKM