Posted to sci.electronics.repair
quietguy quietguy is offline

Default Audio cassette pinch roller - 11mm

Just wondering how putting some shrink wrap on the smaller replacement
would go to build up the diam - slip?

David

Remove _ for valid address wrote:

I'm trying to recondition an Akai GXC760D Hifi cassette deck
(late 70's vintage I believe.)

This is a twin capstan (both engaged at once) design that uses
11.0mm diameter pinch rollers. The diameter is quite critical
as there is only just enough travel on the carriage, the
clearances are tight, and I think the nature of a twin
capstan design makes pinch roller pressure fairly critical.
The common replacement sizes (9.6mm and 13.0mm) do not fit.
I think an acceptable range would probably be 10.5-11.5mm.