Posted to sci.electronics.repair
me me is offline

Default Dissect capacitor to see if it's the source of a leak?

wrote in news:1169761239.289133.179680
@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Are we talking electrical leakage or physical electrolyte leakage? The
brown stuff could be electrolyte, or it could simply be glue used to
support the large capacitors.

The brown crust was definitely leaked. It was irregular, not completely
encircling any of the three capacitors it pooled around, and connected.

Does anyone have any thoughts to my original question? Does
lighter-colored paper in the center of the wind indicate a leak?

no, it just indicates a higher degree of reflectivity.

Whether it leaked or not does not particularly matter if it was bad, though
the brown crust was likely glue.